The Illinois Tactical Officers Association in cooperation with the Orland Hills Police Department is pleased to offer this dynamic training opportunity:
Multiple Assault Counter Terrorist Action Capabilities (MACTAC) Instructor Course
Date: March 9th – 11th, 2021
Time: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Location: Orland Hills
COURSE DESCRIPTION: The course will highlight the MACTAC (Multiple Assault Counter Terrorist Action Capabilities) techniques, tactics and curriculum. The emphasis of this course will be the swift and immediate deployment of law enforcement resources requiring immediate action against armed offenders, be they “lone wolves,” or multiple groups.
Failure to act in these crises has resulted in catastrophic death tolls. The techniques, tactics and skills taught will assist officers to limit ¬the scope of the crisis, contain and prevent the escape of armed dangerous offenders, rescue downed officers and persons, and ultimately stop the violence.
Topics addressed will include:
- Integrated tactics for first responders (contact and rescue teams);
- Team formations and multiple team deployments;
- Urban tactical operations and movement formations;
- Use of force and safety protocol guidelines;
- Identification and selection of equipment;
- Coordination of multiple agency response;
- Communication: radio communications, common language terminology, and verbal skills;
- Multiple scene deployment and firearms handling.
This course is designed for experienced instructors. Only officers that have completed a Rapid Deployment Instructor course will be allowed to register and attend this course.
Officers attending the course should be physically capable of operating in a high stress, physically challenging situations. Course attendees will be expected to run, sprint, kneel, crawl, negotiate obstacles and perform police tactical skills. Be assured clothing will get dirty and possibly damaged.
PREREQUISITE: Only officers who have completed a Rapid Deployment Instructor course will be allowed to register and attend this course.
COST: Students who provide their own UTM or Simunition equipment and rounds (approx. 250 rounds) will save $50 - email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive discount.
NO LIVE Ammunition on site.
- ITOA Members: $675
- Non-Members: $715 - (includes a one year ITOA membership)